1.08.2013

Tag along the kids and enjoy the ride

  Today my youngest daughter (6 years old) learned to ride her own bike. It took only about one hour of helping her ride the bike on a grassy bit of the park (she thought that she will fall a lot, saying she'd rather fall on the grass than on the tarmac). She didn't fall. She found that magic thing called balance surprisingly  quick and she lost it for a few times, but managed to place her foot on the ground before she actually fell. It was so easy that I wondered why I didn't put her on her own bike before. Then I remembered. My selfishness. I enjoy bike riding a lot and I like speed. My only exercise routine is speeding up and down the park with my bike. And having a child did not stop me. For 2 and a half years I placed my daughter on this   half of a bike that connected to my own bike and cycled on. She loved it (this is one reason for which she did not want to have her own bike). Today we said goodbye to the trailer and here I am recomending it to you. So, if you love cycling, don't let having a small child, stop you. Go for it, take it to the mountains, the woods, the sea side. Your child will love it back there, he or she will be able to help with pedaling (developing those important muscles), and you won't have to spoil your fun by stopping every 2 minutes when the little one gets tired or bumps into trees. Moreover, it is very easy and stress free to train the child how to ride a bike without dealing with training wheels, balance bikes or running along holding the back of his bike. WeeRide Co-Pilot Bike Trailer is just like a regular bike, with handlebars, a seat, and pedals for your youngster: just the thing for a child who wants to tag along with Mommy or Daddy, but doesn't have the legs for it! Your child can pedal to help you along, or just coast and enjoy the scenery. Either way it's fun for BOTH of you!  Attaches easily and quickly to almost any bicycle with a seatpost, and folds up for storage when not in use. And it even comes with a safety flag to alert motorists. The Co-Pilot is great for the whole family, nothing says togetherness like a family bike ride  However, you have control of the actual ride, including speed, balancing, braking, and steering, while your child tags along and experiences safe cycling without actually putting himself in danger.  It's a great way to teach basic biking skills and safety without giving up control before the child is ready. His pedaling is adding up to the speed of the bike...I found this very useful when going uphill. Buy the WeeRide Co-Pilot Bike Trailernow as it is now on sale for  only $79. Or, if you prefer something more flashy and a bit more expensive, have a look below:

P.S. If the Bike Trailer is not appealing, there are other cycling with kids solutions.

.
Stay fit and Enjoy your ride!